John Clayburgh, DDS – Grand Forks Dentist
Providing the best dental care possible in Grand Forks, ND
John Clayburgh DDS, your Grand Forks dentist, was born in Rochester, MN and raised in Grand Forks graduating from Red River High School. He attained a BS in Biology form Concordia College in Moorhead, MN with the goal of becoming a dentist. He attended Loyola University School of Dental Surgery in Chicago where he received his DDS degree. Dr. Clayburgh returned to Grand Forks and opened his dental practice in 1982. Soon after that he participated in the renovation of the old Great Northern Railroad Depot and in 1986 moved into the historic building and founded Great Northern Dental Care.
With genuine passion for dentistry and in helping patients achieve their ideal smile, Dr. Clayburgh continues to find the inspiration and great personal satisfaction in delivering the best dentistry possible to his patients. He continuously studies and trains in the latest advancements in dentistry to benefit his patients for improved efficiency and accuracy, increased comfort and safety, and lasting results.
Areas of Expertise
Dr. Clayburgh is highly experienced and trained in different areas of dentistry.
- General Dentistry
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Dental Implants
- Teeth Whitening
- TMJ Treatment
- Veneers and Laminates
- Roth Canal Treatment
- Crowns and Bridges
Dr. Clayburgh has long had an interest in donating time and effort to worthwhile causes. The following is a partial list of organizations that Dr. Clayburgh has been or is currently involved with.
- Private practice in general dentistry in Grand Forks – 1983-Present
- Northeast District Dental Society
- NDDA state chairman for Children’s Dental Health Month – 1984-5
- NDDA Senior Dent Committee – 1986
- Dental Service Corporation Board of Directors – 1983-90
- ADA Commission on the Young Dentist – 1986-90
- NDDA Board of Trustees – 1988-95
- NDDA Young Dentist of the Year – 1991
- President North Dakota Dental Association – 1994
- North Dakota Dental Foundation Board of Directors – 1996-Present
- North Dakota Dental Foundation Treasurer – 1999-Present
- Mayor’s Health Task Force – 2003-Present
- Northern Valley Dental Access Committee – 2005-8
- Third Street Clinic Dental Director – 2005-Present
- Guest of Honor NDDA Annual Session- 2011
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- North Dakota Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- International College of Dentists
- Alumnus – Pankey Institute for Advanced Dental Education
- Grand Forks Lions Club – 1983-Present
- United Way Board of Directors – 1984-6
- United Lutheran Church President – 1993
- Grand Forks Curling Club President – 1997
Dr. Clayburgh enjoys a variety of interests in his leisure time including skiing, sailing, canoe and kayak travel, hunting, fishing and gardening.